This past summer I added a "Must Read" feature to my home page because I am constantly told about or stumble upon interesting websites (wow. Isn't technology astounding?) and wanted a place to share them, even if I did not have time to write an entire post about it. But recently, I realized that I have no documentation of these recommendations, and once I update it is lost forever. So... I am starting an archive! When I am done with links on the front page, I will move them here to the blog. This also means I will not hesitate from updating it more often. Win, win.
October - January List
1. An Amsterdam Museum Asks Visitors to Pick up Pencil and Paper
This article is a new interesting take on smart phones in the museums. As a hopeful-future-museum-educator I fully advocate for this move.
2. Current Train Ride Read: The Devil in the White City
Man this book is a goodie! It is full of facts figures and a little bit of suspense. Pick one up at your local library!
3. Known As A Collector, Gustave Caillebotte Gets His Due As A Painter
It is about time! Thanks NPR and the National gallery.
4. What I Wish I Could Tell Them About Teaching in a Title I School
from Love, Teach blog.
A great reality check for myself and others interested in working in the Title 1 system, and for those in decision making roles in our school systems.
5. Salmela Architect.
I can not get enough of this firms work.
6. Art Palooza! Engaging High School Students in Art History through Fashion Design
This is what I am excited about, with the countless productive ways art can be used in the classroom.
7. 11 Contemporary Authors Every Christian Should Read
You know I love lists, so I thought I would share my next reading one with you.
8. Need new Music? Why not check the Runway.
9. This is my city on the news
A different outlook on the news of the Charleston shooting, one that hits close to home.