So this is a late night Monday post, but none the less it is still Make Something Monday! Today I decided to do a little experiment in the kitchen and make a delicious appetizer. Pictured below is the melty goodness right out of the oven. They were a great start to the rest of dinner. Also the bright colored peppers made for a very festive, happy mood!
Southwestern Pepper Bites
makes about 16 "bites"
prep time: 10-12 mins
cook time: 8-10 mins
- 1 bag of mini bell peppers
-1/2 of a small container of cream cheese ( I chose low fat cream cheese so that I could pretend I was being healthy)
-1/2 cup of Salsa of your choice
-1 small can of minced black olives
-1/2 cup of chicken, cooked, shredded (I had the chicken left over from a previous recipe so it is not calculated into the prep time)
- 1 cup of Mexican Blend shredded cheese, or any cheese of your choice
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. cut in half and clean out bell peppers, lay them out on an oven safe pan
3. mix the cream cheese, salsa, olives and chicken in a bowl until consistent
4. fill each half pepper with the previous mixture
5. sprinkle each "bite" with shredded cheese
6. bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and pepper is tender
I hope you enjoy this quick little dish!
P.S. I apologize for the poor quality pictures, I have not yet unpacked my Cannon from Clemson yet.