My roomies and I have decide to decorate our house for every season as if our house was a rotating anthro window. We sadly took down our winter wonderland decorations a couple weeks ago and since then there has been a sad blank wall that needed some lovely decoration. To sheer up our living room in time for Valentines day I made a tapestry or curtain of sorts out of materials I had laying around and some perfect (some may say obnoxious) silk roses.
- a bundle of pink roses (about 5$ at Walmart or Hobby Lobby)
-string of your choice, I used simple white embroidery thread
-pink construction paper
-larger ribbon, I used burlap ribbon
1. Un attach the petals from the flowers. You may go through "he loves me.. he loves me not.. he loves me...." if you wish.
2. Cut hearts out of the construction paper, about the same size as the petals
3. Glitter-fy about one third of your construction paper hearts
4. Figure out how long you want your "curtain" to be and cut about 20 strings to that length. This number can change depending on how wide you want the "curtain" and how spaced out you make the strings.
5. With the needle, string together the petals and hearts. I used allotter petals than hearts and try to make mine inconsistent and random. I thought it made it more interesting and whimsical.
6. Cut out a string that is the desired width of your curtain. Tie the stringed petals to the "width string" at consistent increments.
7. Tie a bow in the middle with your ribbon and you are done!