May has flown by, leaving me very little time to blog or check off everything off of my list. I have a habit of making lengthy to-do lists, or goal lists that are not humanly possible to complete in my decided time period and it usually makes me pretty bummed out. But seriously, sometimes my expectations for myself are ridiculous and then add to that, almost always life gets in the way. So I am making a new and improved list- a list of everything I have accomplished.
1. I finished my Junior year of college! this year was by far the most emotionally trying with many new responsibilities and struggles. But I know I am made stronger by the obstacles. Throughout this semester I was constantly reminded of my need for the Lord. I do not have enough strength except through Him. I also realized how much I need my parents even though I am an adult, they are who I call whenever I really need someone to talk to because they will always listen and they understand my problems and opinions even if I can not put them into words.
To celebrate the wrap up of this rough semester, Hallie and I went to the beach! I love Isle of Palms, SC! It is sort of sentimental reasoning as in I have grown up going there summer after summer but also because it is simply beautiful and not took built up! There are still quiet untouched places, great sea shells and old beach bungalows.
2. I have spent a considerable amount of time renovating a house in Clemson. My parents purchased a major fixer upper for me to live in next year. It is a one story, ranch style built in the 1960s. I am so blessed and spoiled to have a house to live in next year. Even though my parents keep telling me that it is a really good investment since my brother will live in it later, I know that it is still a cost that most people can not afford.
My favorite and least favorite part about this house is that it is a MAJOR project! This month I have demoed the second bathroom to the studs, pulled up disgusting carpet, stripped wall paper, chiseled two layers of linoleum and scrubbed grimy, greasy wood work. I now understand the true meaning of sweat equity. On the bright side, I now have a place and reason for all of my HGTV knowledge. I have remade a bunch of yard sale finds, picked out tiles, and debated over paint colors.
So this is just a few of the things I have done in the Clemson house so far, but don't worry! there will be lots and lots more to come!
3. My little bro bro graduated! Congratulations Parkie Poo! I can not believe that it had been three years since my own graduation and that my little brother is not so little anymore. Though he is a pain sometimes, I am so proud of him! I also can not wait for him to be up in the good ole Clemson with me next year.
4. I have spent a lot of time at the Hospital with my Mema. Though it is not the best situation or setting, I am thankful for the time I have had to just be with my wonderful grandparents. I am also immensely thankful for all of the prayers and support from my friends.I have so many, many things to be thankful for!
5. Projects: lots of them! I have recovered 3 dining room chairs (instructions here), and refinished two end tables. I started but have not finished (of course, haha!) recovering a vintage chair and refinishing a dresser. I have also started two new oil paintings and have thrown and glazed (but not seen yet) a bunch of new ceramic pieces including some pitchers. So more pictures to come!
6. I had the honor of representing the Clemson University Visual Arts Department at Artisphere is Greenville, SC. You can read more about it here. It was so much fun!
7. I also worked as a summer intern for Clemson University Creative Inquiry. I continued the work that was started during the spring semester with the new Clemson CSArt. I have built up the website, interviewed the first seasons artists and worked on some graphic design, among a lot of other tasks. Please check it out!
Well thats some of the highlights of my month, not too bad. The end of May means that Camp is very very soon and I can not wait!