My birthday is coming up in exactly one week, which is both exciting and terrifying because it seems like my first really adult birthday. I will be turning 22, which yes is in a T-Swift song so couldn't be that adult, but it is also past the last exciting teenage milestone of legally drinking.
Back before I turned twenty I made a bucket list of places I wanted to go and decided that I should try to go before I turned thirty. So ten years to go to thirty places, Woo! So far I am doing pretty good but I definitely have a far way to go (literally). Feel free to start a "Help Becca travel the world in 10 years" fund. X means I have checked it off my list!
X 1. Venice (April 2013)
2. Paris- I dream of roaming the hall of the use D' Orsay and I guess I will go to the Louvre while I am there.
3. Barcelona- especially to see the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batillo by Gaudi
4. Redwood Forest
5. Grand Canyon
X 6. New York City (November 2014, read about it here)
X 7. Chicago (Checked off this past weekend!)
8. Cinqui Terre, Italy- I am not sure how I let myself get out of Italy without being this beautiful place last time...
X 9. Rome, Italy (February 2013, read about it here)
13. Go on a Frank Lloyd Wright Tour
14. New Orleans
15. Falling Water
X 16. Washington DC (October 2013)
17. Australia- basically I want to see all of the marsupials in their actual home
19. Boulder, Colorado
20. Portland, Oregon
21. San Fransisco
22. Go to the Venice Bienalle- I missed it by a month back in 2013
23. Go to NCECA (which I will be checking off my list in one month and two weeks!)
24. Attend a class at Penland or be a resident
25. Go on a hot air balloon ride- You may be scratching your head that this is not a place, but I disagree, the place is the sky, the vessel is the balloon.
26. Machu Picchu, Peru- that engineering and architecture is incredible!
29. South Africa
30. Egypt- this one may be a long shot until the political and religious tension lets up a tad